Thursday, February 09, 2006

Lesbian podcasters

I've searched high and low for lesbian podcasters. There a few here and there, but none of them are doing what I'm doing, i.e. playing music (that I can find anyway). Am I really the only one out there doing this?

I know that women only make up 10% of podcasters anyway, but it seems that lesbians seem to be more advanced with technology than our straight counterparts. If so, why aren't there more of us out there?

And no, I really don't consider Madge Weinstein a lesbian podcaster. :)


rubyfruitradio.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

No! You're not the only lesbian in podville! I'm an out, US ex-pat currently living in Wales with my partner of 7 years. Civil Partnership is legal here, and we just tied the knot on Febuary 2nd.

I host a knitting podcast. Yes. Knitting.

While it's not a music podcast, per se, I do play podsafe tunes to knit by, and if I know the artist I might pass along a little bit of info about them. Does no harm, and my listeners seems to like it. I like to mix it up and play both boys and girls, but I find that it's much harder to find female artists who are podsafe.

Today, I found you, and am delighted to note that there's a bit of overlap in our playlists already. Thanks for doing what you do, and for making the task of finding podsafe women artists that much easier.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home