Saturday, August 12, 2006

Conventions and what not.

I have 2 major events in September. The first is the National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association Convention in Miami.
I was asked by Steve Freiss of the Strip Podcast and also a well known freelance write who writes for such publications as USA Today, Wired and Newsweek to be on a panel called Stick It In Your Ear, how podcasting is changing queer radio.
I'm going to be on the panel with him, Madge Weinstein (aka Richard Bluestein) and some guys from Sirius, Logo and Podcastingnews.com. It should be interesting. I'm a little intimidated. I wonder what Richard is really like. Madge's persona is bigger than life, but I wonder if Richard is the same way.

The second is the Portable Media Expo. There are going to be the usual booths hawking products there, but the most important for me is to network. Big podcasters like Dawn and Drew, Adam Curry etc are going to be there. Yes, again with the intimidation. It will be a good thing though.

Also, I've been asking my listeners to help me out with my trips. I make just enough money to get by with my job and make nothng podcasting and as much as I hate "begging" for money, I needed help and who better to ask than my listeners. I'm overwhelmed with how generous the people who have donated have been. There haven't been that many people who have donated, but the ones that have been very generous. A couple of them have been ridiculously generous. I have the best listeners. They could not be more supportive. Is that a lesbian thing or a female thing where we have to "stick together"?
I did have one boy donate. That was sweet. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home