Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Grey's Anatomy music

I really love Grey's Anatomy. I think it is an awesome show. One thing that I think really makes it cool is the soundtrack. They play some really great music. Last week, two artists that stood out were The Weepies and Kate Havnevik. They've also played things like Rosie Thomas, Adrienne Pierce, Esthero, Brandi Carlile and a lot of other stuff too. The music always sets the tone for the show. Whoever picks the music for the show does an amazing job.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alexandra Patsavas is the Music Supervisor for Grey's Anatomy. And, yes, she does do an excellent job picking indie music for particular scenes. I literally clapped when I heard The Weepies on there cuz I've been a fan of them (Deb Talan, longer, but still a fan nevertheless) for five years :)

Patsavas is also in charge of the music on The O.C., which also would explain why there's a lot of indie stuff there too, just more emo than the folkie stuff :)

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home