Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Who are my favorites?

I've had a few people email me and ask me who some of my favorite artists are.

Everyone has a soundtrack to their life. My soundtrack includes Morrissey, Ani DiFranco, Melissa Ferrick and the Indigo Girls. Their music got me through some very difficult times and also made the good times that much better. There are other random artists who are on the soundtrack of my life, but these are four that have been on it consistently.

What have I been listening to a lot lately? It's pretty varied.

Adrienne Pierce- I heard her song "Arizona" and the combination of the lyrics and her voice and the music made me feel like I was right there experiencing what she was. I listened to the rest of the CD and it's all incredible.

Nadine Zahr- I heard her song "A Little Better" on myspace and it gave me chills. I thought the lyrics were pretty amazing and her voice was too. She sent me an advance copy of her new cd that is coming out in a week and it's been played a lot.

The Gossip- I like all genres of music. I can go from listening to folk to rock to punk. I think Beth Ditto is a great vocalist and if you see them live, you will know that she's a great performer overall. I don't have enough good things to say about The Gossip.

Gerty!- I am a sucker for new wave. I grew up listening to it and Gerty! is modern new wave with an edge. I listen to them all the time.

Rilo Kiley- I love Jenny Lewis. That's all I have to say about that. :)


Check out Rubyfruit Radio

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heather
thank you. i love all the music you have mentioned here, so i am incredibly flattered to be mentioned as well.
adrienne

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Download exclusive Melissa Ferrick ringtones for your mobile phone at:

http://www.medialicious.tv


http://www.startxt.com/MEDIA/index.php?l=EN&a=da&t=c&s=Melissa+Ferrick


Medialicious is the premiere mobile entertainment destination for the
LGBT community.


Feed your phone right.


info@medialicious.tv

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home